Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 3 Post-Op


Today is Day 3 Post-Op... Almost half way to finishing the first week!

We took Sophie outside with us for some yardwork. The picture to the left is her set-up. Both of us got eaten alive by those no-see-ums. YEOW!

Sophie is having regular bowel movements twice a day, so I won't bore you with those stinky details. I will post anything irregular that might "pop up," though. I am carrying her down two flights of stairs 2-3 times a day to go pee/poop. It's taking a toll on my back, but a sacrifice I'm willing to take so that I don't take the chance of any "oops" moments on the stairs.

I have been adding a raw egg to her kibble to supplement her diet. I just mix it up with a fork or spoon and throw in her joint supplement. I also give her her pain meds and antibiotics in a piece of hot-dog. It ensures that she is eating her meds on a full stomach so that she doesn't get any stomach upset.

She is using her leg well. Echoing what others often say as their dogs settle in to the life of post-op, she is using her leg TOO well! I need to hold her back to make sure that she doesn't put too much stress on her operated knee nor her good knee and blow that one out while it compensates for her current disability.

No comments: