Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 1 Post-Op


I picked Sophie up at about 11:00am.

We were sent home with Baytril, an antibiotic, Rimadyl for pain, and Tramadol for severe pain. Maria, the wonderful Vet Tech at Hernas Veterinary Clinic, told me that she has been laying on both sides.

We got home at 12:00pm and she urinated as soon as I took her outside. She was not eating or drinking until later in the evening. It usually takes a dog up to 3 or 4 days to have a bowel movement, but Sophie had her first that night.

When I visited Sophie the day of her surgery, she had some dried blood around the incision site. The vet tech that I spoke to said that they didn't want to bother the leg and would clean it up before I took her home. When I picked Sophie up, she still had not been cleaned up. I don't know why they didn't just clean her up right after they finished the surgery and she was still anesthetized.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: